Nehemiah was a great leader. As the story begins, he is a man with deep concerns and clear priorities. Jerusalem lies in ruins 150 years after it was destroyed by King Nebuchadnezzar, and with it the welfare of the Jewish people. Their physical safety and spiritual identity needed a leader chosen by God to rebuild the wall and restore the faith of the returned exiles.
What we learn from Nehemiah is a profound case study in godly leadership. We are all leaders who can learn from his example. Everything we discover about Nehemiah, points us to what we love about Jesus too.
Click here to view the current messages.
- Persevering Hope (Nehemiah 1:1-11)
- The Mission Begins (Nehemiah 2:1-20)
- Rise Up & Build (Nehemiah 2:17-3:32)
- Opposition (Nehemiah 4:1-23)
- Opposition and the Fear of God (Nehemiah 5:1-19)
- Standing Firm (Nehemiah 6:1-7:4)
- Bring Out the Book (Nehemiah 8:1-18)
- The People Confess Their Sin (Nehemiah 9:1-38)
Upcoming Sunday Sermons:
- The People Recommit (Nehemiah 10) – Sunday, September 2