Church Information as a result of the Coronavirus
Greetings in Jesus name!
Our pastoral team met to discuss, discern, and pray for God’s direction of our church as we navigate the COVID-19 crisis together. As you are well aware, this situation is highly fluid and presents unprecedented challenges at this time.
Your health and safety during this crisis remain our priority and concern. We trust the initiatives outlined below will serve you and your families even as we adhere to the guidance and directives issued by our governor and the various public health officials in our area.
Please let us know how you are doing by email, phone, Slack, or Facebook and how we can serve you. It is our privilege to care for one another as part of the Body of Christ.
~ Bauer, Dave and Dan
Virtual Sunday Services:
- Live Stream will be available from our website here: crosswayma.org/live
- We also recommend that you subscribe to our youtube channel so that you get notified when there is a live-stream.
- Sunday services have been canceled and our building is now closed to the public on Sunday’s due to the governor’s directives. For the foreseeable future, we will be providing a virtual service via Youtube on Sunday morning.
Our virtual service will have all the key components of a regular Sunday service: including worship in song, scripture readings, pastoral prayer, announcements, and a message from the scriptures.
- We have a small dedicated team of people who can serve that enable us to broadcast our service online. Praise the Lord!
- As usual, the service will begin at 10:00 am.
- During the crisis, some of us may experience financial hardships due to a loss of income, or increased expenses due to medical bills, food, utilities or other emergencies.
- Our benevolence fund was created to provide for financial assistance to our congregation during times such as this.
- If you have a need, or are aware of someone who does, please email our pastors or our deacons that we may provide financial support you/they need during this time. Thanks!
- Some of you have asked about giving financially to our ministry during this time.
- Thank you! Your tithes, weekly offerings and faithful financial support are a lifeline to our ministry.
- Listed below are three ways you can give:
- Online: You can click on the link on our website if you so choose to give that way. The link for that is here. These are automatically deposited to our account.
- Bank payment: You can create an automatic payment through your bank’s online services to have them send a check to our church office which will in turn be deposited into our account. Our address is below.
- Personal check: you can mail your personal check to: Crossway Church, PO Box 391, Franklin, MA 02038.
- All Life Group meetings have been moved online to virtual meetings through Zoom or Google Hangouts through the first week of May. We will evaluate our ability to meet in accordance with the Governor’s policy in early May.
- It is always difficult to cancel in-person life groups because of the benefits we receive in these small group gatherings, and the scriptural convictions we have that shape these times. Our Life Groups provide those midweek face to face opportunities for fellowship, encouragement, reading, and studying the scriptures together, and praying for one another too.
- Please make every effort to reach out to one another through phone calls, video, and text chat. Email Dan if you would like to join our Slack text chat.
Weekly Live Connections
- Because of this we are working on two new online offerings where you can connect with us, and we can connect with you. For those of you who desire to stay connected with our congregation during our time apart, we trust these will be helpful. We will communicate further details about these in a follow up email you will receive shortly.
- First, we will be hosting a weekly online chat room. This forum will allows those wishing to stay connected, an opportunity to see and hear from other people in our congregation, encourage one another, and be encouraged from the scriptures too. This time will be hosted by one of our pastors, will take place in the evening, and run about 45 minutes in length. Based on how many people participate, we can adjust the frequency and length of our chats accordingly
- The second is a podcast hosted by two of our pastors, for the purpose of sharing out of scripture our reflections that we feel may be pertinent to our current situation. This will not a live broadcast, and therefore can be listened to at your convenience.
God provides opportunities. At times they are something we have to intentionally look for but they are there.
Here are some thoughts to get your creative juices flowing.
- Check on one another, if only to touch base. Keep the lines of communication going.
- Check on the elderly. There may be those in your neighborhood that can’t get out (or are afraid to) and may need some assistance or encouragement.
- Take time with those that you are at home with.
- Have times of worship by putting on a CD or a playlist. We have created a Worship Playlist that you can use to enhance your worship.
- Talk and tell stories to your kids of how God has met you and your needs.
- Play games or do puzzles with your kids to promote conversations.
- Make fun foods to eat (I had to throw that one in.)
- If possible enjoy some extended devotional times.
- Pray, pray, pray:
- Pray for one another
- Pray for our neighbors
- Pray for the nation
- Pray that the Lord will help us to grow in faith not in fear.
More communication will be sent out so watch for it. And feel free to contact us with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Heb 10:23-25
The Pastoral Team